Monday, 9 April 2012

Two Frozen Pizzas and a Paperback

We're in Tesco's!
Between a Kate Middleton biography and the Kosher for Passover section.


Buy two boxes of matzoh, get one free copy of the Registrar.



Dan accosted a random Saturday shopper and tried to sell her a copy.
"It doesn't really sound like my kind of book," she said. "I think I'll go for the new Jackie Collins."
Which is fine since Jackie Collins is also a Simon & Schuster author. I'm generous and team-spirited like that.
Look, I can balance three copies on my head. So can Dan.
 
Then Dan thought of a new sales strategy: telling random shoppers that if they bought a copy, the author - here she is! - would sign it on the spot.
That's when I remembered we had to rush home and water the flowers or paint eggs or something.

Hope everyone had a relaxing & reviving holiday. I'm off to New York on a research trip for a novel about art forgers; any recommendations (galleries, exhibitions, forgers' labs) will be much appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment